Responsible to verify and keep records of incoming and outgoing shipments. Prepares items for shipment. Maintains control and accuracy over all inventories, including all transactions, procurement, and receiving to ensure that customer orders are fulfilled on time.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Operates lift trucks, hand trucks, overhead crane system, and company truck to convey, move or hoist materials to proper areas.
- Reports defective materials and takes initiative to correct and to identify any unidentified materials to keep things moving in a rapid and ever-changing environment.
- Responsible for making arrangements for pick up by the carrier specified on the customer's purchase order.
- Responsible for keeping an adequate supply of shipping materials on hand at all times.
- Utilizes UPS/FedEx software effectively and understands summary reporting on request. Have understanding of both Domestic and International shipping guidelines and requirements.
- Maintains a safe and healthy work environment by implementing, maintaining and aligning company practices that adhere to local, state and federal environmental, health and safety regulations.
- Obsoleting materials as deemed unusable or unneeded
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Perform assign tasks as directed by management.
Knowledge or Skills Required
- Ability to operate industrial equipment (forklift, cranes, hand truck)
- Ability to operate company truck
- Must possess at a minimum a driver license requirement of a chauffeur license.
- Must be able to obtain a Medical Card through a DOT physical requirements.
- Ability to follow work instructions.
- Ability to plan and manage assignments.
- Ability to prioritize work.
- Have a good understanding of materials management including inventory control.
- Have good understanding of shipping and receiving processes.
- Able to read and understand blueprints.
- Ability to use standard inspection tools to verify parts meet print specifications.
- Ability to operate both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to meet production deadlines.
- Ability to operate computers while using a Windows platform. (Retrieve files, save files, email, Word and Excel)
- Ability to use E2 MRP system.
- Must be organized and show initiative
- Have good math skills
- High school diploma required college or technical degree preferred.
- Recent shipping and receiving experience required.
- Must have a positive attitude and be flexible. As a rapid prototype company, our needs change quickly and often. You will be asked often to work overtime, come in early or stay late in order to ensure materials are staged and available as needed.
Competitive compensation plans.