Responsible for overseeing and managing company's overall supply chain and logistics strategy and operations in order to maximize the process efficiency and productivity. Develop and maintain good relationships with vendors and distributors.
- Ownership of all purchasing and logistics functions, processes, and outside processes.
- Develop new vendors and engage existing vendors for competitive quoting.
- Manage the approved supplier list in the MRP system.
- Negotiate with vendors tenaciously for goods and services as required in real time.
- Manage MRP system purchasing reports, and communicate regarding raw material deliveries.
- Manage supplier evaluations and provide supplier scorecards periodically.
- Manage automated vending systems and supplier VMI performance.
- Develop and report purchasing KPIs.
- Develop and manage Kanban systems for high volume items.
- Manage plant raw material inventories using cycle counts and performing physical inventory.
- Maintain inventory accuracy in the MRP system to avoid accounting issues.
- Develop and maintain paperless material traceability throughout the plant.
- Develop and maintain competitive freight and shipping solutions.
- Develop and maintain competitive OSP (outside process) vendors.
- Housekeeping (5S).
- Departmental cross training.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of current market pricing trends.
- Customer returns in absence of Quality Manager.
- Manage and motivate staff.
- Training employees on new policies and procedures.
- Employee reviews and their quality and content.
- Update annual goals with employees and share them during annual review process. Customer returns in absence of Quality Manager.