Lead Prototype Model Maker, Exhaust
The Exhaust Model Maker will ensure quality in all products produced in the exhaust business assembly unit. The position is responsible for the development and training of all personnel in the department.
- Understanding CMM reports and be able to troubleshoot builds with no assistance, to make improvements to the process to get a good first piece.
- Investigate (and correct) issues that are found during a build and or inspection of the Exhaust assembly and ensure that the unit is producing parts that are compliant to quality standards and customer expectations.
- Ensure that products shipped meets internal requirements.
- Ensure that the customer documents meet the standard, policies and procedures that are established.
- Develop, set and achieve goals associated with manufacture targets and customer schedules.
- Develop processes to improve Exhaust System assembly.
- Oversee the development and assembly tools to evaluate working condition.
- GD&T understanding and how it impacts the part.
- Production planning and scheduling, set a plan and work your plan to meet the expectations of the customers (internal and external).
- Knowledge of metal exhaust and assembly processes preferred with training in lean manufacturing, performance management and leadership.