Lead Prototype Model Maker, Exhaust
This is a high-level, high-visibility position within the Organization. Sr. Exhaust Model Maker will ensure quality in all products which are produced in exhaust business unit for Technique Inc. The position is responsible for the development and training of all personnel in the unit, implementation and management of a world-class assembly department.
- Oversight of compliance, with the customers’ expectations.
- Understanding CMM reports and be able to troubleshoot builds with no assistance, to make improvements to the process to get a good first piece.
- Understand the customer concerns and needs when reviewing a build and print.
- Train, develop and coach team to ensure strong performance and morale within the exhaust assembly unit.
- Ensure a high level of internal and external customer service.
- Investigate (and correct) issues that are found during a build and or inspection of the Exhaust assembly and ensure that the unit is producing parts that are complaint to quality standards of workmanship of Technique Inc. and its customers.
- Ensure that products shipped meets internal requirements.
- Ensure that customer documents are completed prior to turning into our Quality Department.
- Ensure that the customer documents meet the standard, policies and procedures that are established.
- Develop, set and achieve goals associated with manufacture targets and customer schedules
- Assist with the development of processes to ensure that we are the fastest Exhaust system assembly company in the market.
- Provide technical support to the teams as we develop into this market.
- Oversee the development and assembly tools to evaluate working condition.
- GD&T understanding and how it impacts the part.
- Production planning and scheduling, set a plan and work your plan to meet the expectations of the customers (internal and external).
- Interaction with customers requires the ability to determine company responsibility for the exhaust assembly
- Ability to define problems, and establish appropriate corrective actions.
- Have a proactive approach.
- Delegate responsibilities to meet deadlines and requirements both internally and externally.
- Collaborate with Human Resources on the determination of departmental selection and termination decisions. Determine methods to best lead and coach department to achieve optimum morale.
Knowledge or Skills Required
- High technical aptitude with the ability to understand exhaust systems (on and off highway).
- Organizational skills with knowledge of 5S methodology.
- Process expert in assembly of exhaust system.
- Customer centric.
- Detail oriented.
- Time management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Manage superior workmanship level.
- The position is responsible for the performance management within the business unit, and is responsible for the quality of work that is being produced.
- This is a full time, non-exempt position. Days and hours may vary, often working more than 40 hours per week. Flexibility is required in all positions.
- Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out of the area and overnight travel may be expected.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma/GED required (Associate degree or higher preferred)
- Min. of 5 years related experience
- Knowledge of metal exhaust and assembly processes preferred
- Prior leadership experience desired
- Training in lean manufacturing desired
- Training in performance management desired
- Technique, Inc., provides a modern work environment with high-tech equipment all within a manufacturing facility. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to manufacturing processes, moving mechanical parts, fumes and airborne particles.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is active and requires standing, walking, bending, gripping, stooping, crouching, and the use of both hands.
- The employee must occasionally lift and move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Please note that this is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Technique, Inc., is an equal employment opportunity employer.
- Employee must be eligible to work in the United States, either by means of U.S. Citizenship, Work Visa or H1B sponsorship.
Competitive compensation plans, commensurate with experience