Sr. Level Quality Manager
This is a high-level / highly compensated manager and high-visibility position within the organization. The Quality Manager will ensure quality in all products which enable strong product reputation and reliability. The position is responsible for the development, implementation and management of a world-class quality management system and exceptional customer experiences.
- Manages the compliance, continual improvement and application of (ISO, AS, ITAR) special process certifications including hosting audits (internal, customer and 3rd party). Serves as management representative.
- Create, revise, and implement quality assurance procedures, policies and standards. Ensure these documents align with recognized Quality System Standards as well as the organizations objectives, policies and procedures.
- Acts as an organizational contact for customer quality concerns.
- Ensure a high level of internal and external customer service. Investigate (and correct) customer issues and complaints relating to quality.
- Ensure that products shipped meet internal and external customer requirements.
- Develop, set and achieve goals associated with quality system improvements.
- Interface with other departments to meet organizational goals.
- Monitors the organizations key performance indicators.
- Train employees on organizations quality systems.
- Provide cost rationalization for expenditures.
- Develop and analyze statistical data and product specifications to determine standards and to establish quality and reliability expectancy of finished products.
- Provide technical and statistical expertise to teams.
- Oversee and/or initiate the development of measurement tools that enable product evaluation.
- Oversee and/or conduct product audits to ensure finished goods conform to specified requirements.
- Oversee and understand PPAP submission requirements.
- Train, develop and coach quality team members to ensure strong performance and morale within the quality department.
Knowledge or Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited institution.
- Member of ASQ and Certified Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence (MOQ/OE) is preferred.
- 4-10 years related experience.
- QMS internal auditor training desired.
- Knowledge of metal stampings and assembly processes preferred.
- Prior supervisory experience desired.
Competitive compensation plans, commensurate with experience