- An account manager at Technique is primarily an outside sales position that is responsible for developing and maintaining customer accounts. Your initial responsibility at Technique would be to work with the sales manager to establish a customer base from our list of over 500 qualified accounts that are not currently being called on.
- Create quotes for a wide variety of prototype and low volume parts (stampings, bent tubing, assemblies) and related tools and fixtures
- Manage all incoming CAD data/customer prints to prepare quote packages in a timely manner
- Utilize Solidworks to overlay new/old revisions to determine part changes for quote
- Create new orders utilizing job shop software. Create job routers, purchasing routers for distribution to respective departments. Perform contract review to ensure details of customer purchase order match job requirements.
Knowledge or Skills Required
- Soliciting new business through scheduling visits, building rapport with customers, identifying needs and offering solutions
- Encouraging quote activity and following up on quotes to win orders
- Meeting and exceeding sales goals developed in coordination with the sales manager
- Regularly communicating with the customer throughout the order process
- Supporting the manufacturing team by contacting customer with any job related questions or issues
- Ensuring customer satisfaction in all areas of the order: Price competitiveness, timing and quality
- Other tasks and responsibilities as identified by the sales manager
This job involves understanding manufacturing concepts, reading blueprints and communicating with engineers on a daily basis. (You would receive specific training initially to develop a good understanding of what you would be selling, so an engineering/manufacturing background is not required.) The sales manager and company owner would also provide guidance and support for the new account manager. Most work would be within driving distance with some air travel likely.
- Bachelors degree in Business, Communications or Engineering
- Must have excellent communication and organizational skills; must enjoy new challenges and have a strong work ethic
- Ability to be self directed and work without supervision
- Ability to multitask and work in high pressure situations under deadlines
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Outlook
We offer a competitive starting base salary ranging from $35,000-$45,000 (based on qualifications) plus an uncapped commission structure. Our benefit package includes monthly car allowance, company phone, full dental, health insurance compensation, life insurance, and 401k matching. With the information that we have available, it is possible for you to make $50,000-$100,000+ in your first year.